“All my life I’ve been WAITING for, I’ve been PRAYING for, for the PEOPLE to say, that we don’t wanna FIGHT no more, there will be NO more wars, and our CHILDREN will play. ONE DAY.”

{Matisyahu}

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Cause I’m Grateful for Many Things


This year has been a year filled with lots of adventure, trials, and blessings that Heavenly Father seemed fit to put in my life.  I can say that I am grateful for all of it, and wouldn’t trade my experiences for anything.  I was blessed to be in a foreign country at this time, and sometimes it’s good to remember the blessings that you have been given, especially when times get a little harder than most.  Here is my “30 days” of gratefulness even though it would take many, many more to put a dent in what I have been given.  
 
1-      I am grateful for the 43 kids that I get to see, hug, kiss, and teach here in China!  They are my joy beyond measure.
2-      My family.  8 crazy people put together in one household, with 8 totally different personalities, and 8 totally different looks…yet somehow we make it work, and come to love each other in the end. 
3-      The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Cause it gives my life meaning and direction, and love, hope, peace, clarity, happiness…and the list goes on! 
4-      The blessing of being born in a country that lets me worship, study, and think as I want. 
5-      Laughter.  Enough said.  :)
6-      I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to go to college, and further my education. 
7-      I am grateful for food that goes into my stomach, even though it may not be the best tasting because someone, somewhere would want it.
8-      Hot showers in cold weather. 
9-      Doctors who study diligently to go to school to help poor people like myself when they are miserable. 
10-   Nature.  I am grateful for sunsets, and sunrises, autumn leaves, rainbows, and other of God’s amazing creations. 
11-   Hot chocolate with marshmallows on top.
12-   Technology.  Without it, I wouldn’t be able to communicate with those I love most, listen to General Conference, or Skype into church every Sunday.
13-   My body and the ability that it has to function properly.
14-   The power of prayer.  Because no matter how lost I am, I always seem to find my way. 
15-   For my niece and nephew.  They are so amazing, and I cannot wait to see them in a couple weeks! 
16-   Good plumbing.  Who doesn’t like a shower and a flushable toilet?
17-   Cameras.  I love capturing moments that mean the most. 
18-   Womanhood.  I am grateful for the opportunity I will have to create, and raise my own family. 
19-   Letters.  Cause who doesn’t love a little love sent in the mail. 
20-   Music that seems to know my emotions better than myself.  I love this hobby. 
21-   Books.  Even though I don’t read nearly as much as I should, I love that I can learn things, and read about a great story whenever I want to.
22-   Warm clothes.  Because my body doesn’t store the heat like it should!
23-   Warm fudge brownies.  Oh man.
24-   All forms of transportation, because without it I wouldn’t have gotten to see a fraction of the things I have seen. 
25-   Good movies and popcorn. 
26-   Eyes and smiles.  Because they are both beautiful on every person! 
27-   Clocks/Watches.  Cause it drives me crazy when I don’t know the time. 
28-   Gardens.  Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, they are all awesome, and something I admire to do in the future. 
29-   Temples.  Something that I can’t wait to get back home to, and perform ordinances which are sacred to me. 
30-   The color orange.  Just because it makes me happy. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment